Alia Bhatt gives us style lessons on how to be the perfect bridesmaid
Actor Alia Bhatt recently attended her friend Rhea Khurana’s wedding in Jaipur and gave us umpteen style lessons on how to dress right while attending a summer wedding. She posed with her girl gang in a stunning fuchsia pink and rose gold hand embroidered tiered ruffle sari set from designer Arpita Mehta. Stylist Lakshmi Lehr curated her look.
Alia opted for a maang tikka from Amrapali Jewels. We liked how the whole look had a minimal vibe, with just the maang tikka doing the bit for her with the outfit. She kept her tresses open in center parting and opted for minimal make-up.
For the day event, she chose a multicoloured striped sharara set from Sukriti & Aakriti. The sharara featured intricate sequin and mirror work detailing on white and looked apt for a day function. She accessorised her look with a pastel coloured potli with multi coloured tassels creating the required magic.
1. For a day function opt for something light and go for pastel or shades of white since it’s summer. You are sure to get Insta-worthy snaps as you pose with your friends.
2. When you are the bridesmaid, make sure you don’t pick up elaborate or heavier outfits, lest you want to steal the bride’s thunder.
3. A mirror work or sequin sari with ruffles can be the best choice for any of the pre-wedding functions, take cues from Alia, who wore a fuchsia-coloured sari for one the evening soirees.
4. Tie your hair in a high ponytail while wearing a sharara. The front can be a little messy for that unkempt look.
5. Opt for one statement jewellery instead of overdoing it. In Alia’s case, it’s her maang tikka that looks exquisite and draws the attention.